Monday, March 28, 2011

Where The Magic Happens



*


This is where I am sitting right now. This is command central. You can see our Sumo, and the sweater-vest chair wrap the woman on the verge made, and the rug that really ties the room together.


*




*


This is Mickey and Sandburg's Lincoln, both of which look over my shoulder as I type.




It's only the war years, people. It's not like I have all thirteen volumes.



*




*


Okay, on the shelf above Mickey and Carl Sandburg are:

Blocks our friend Allene gave us for christmas with mad scientists and robots etched into the wood.
An African mask made of hide and animal quills perched on top of a glass vase.
A glass skull decanter filled with red dye number four and water.
A bronze buddha with it's head JB welded back on, sent to us from the monk.
Above them all is Duane Kaiser's tomato painting.


They all keep watch over me as well.


*





*

dolltooth hangs over the television. she stands in the drawer of an ancient korean chest I nailed to the wall one day.

I nailed up the drawer, not the whole chest.



*




And, yes, we have a television.


In our defense, it is not connected to broadcast T.V. or cable. It just gets Netflix instant streaming and odd DVD's.


*

Like we like.



*


I wanted to post these photographs as a way of saying thank you to all of you for everything you bring to our lives.


I wanted to open up the door a bit and let you take a peek.


*



Thank you. I'm damn glad you keep coming by.



***



Namaste.



***


I know I am indebted.


I am awkward about it.


***

16 Comments:

Blogger Jane Lancaster said...

thanks for letting me peep... I love everything... as the captcha says it's 'kilen'

6:42 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Awkward? Oh hell. The fiddler's tuning up. Roll back that rug. Let's all dance, sugar. Let's all dance.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Oh dear bog I loves it when my voyeur gets fed a bit fat meal. Thank you!
love,
Rebecca

8:24 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You're not awkward. I feel like I could just plop down right here and say a prayer.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

Thanks for the peek. I find to exhilarating to see beyond your words into the inanimate objects that watch over you.

12:57 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Loved being in your space for a minute and feel the privilege it is. But indebted? Nah. You give as much as you receive, and much more. You have no idea the comfort it is to know you are there. Prickly and generous and willing to open your heart, no matter how many times it might have been scarred. That is really something. It swells my heart. Thank you.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Petit fleur said...

Wow, I love your space. I love when the artwork is meaningful the person who lives in the place rather than being merely decoration.

And yes, the rug DOES tie the room together!! :-) It also didn't escape me that this post comes right after the last one "Keep Out"!

I love this place. Keep rockin.
Peace,
pf

7:58 AM  
Blogger Allene said...

...and, I know I'm indebted to you...
...and, I always feel awkward about it
because..
...your thoughts and words touch places in me that sometimes makes it hard for me to breathe....

...so I say nothing and absorb.

It's endearing to know you like us, too, you crusty soft centered tough fighting good eating loves the woman murder you in a minute windmill tilting sonofagun.

(Great peeking through your magic door and I agree with Radish King!)

8:04 AM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

i love your space.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Judy Wise said...

Thank you for the visit. Always nice to have a peek.

12:41 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

hey all the ladies in the house!!!!


thank you, each of you and all of you.


i am indebted, and i know it.


yrs-



tearful

6:40 PM  
Blogger Mim said...

A pleasure: your open house. Thanks to you both!

7:10 PM  
Blogger deirdre said...

What a gift. How did you know? I leaned in real close too and I think I even whispered wow under my breath. Thank you. It's hard to explain

xo

7:35 PM  
Blogger linda ana said...

I am an occasional voyeur, to be honest -- but Angella Lister said/wrote the feelings better than I could. Your honesty and openness are huge gifts to understanding -- and there are many of us who value this a whole lot. A WHOLE Lot.

2:12 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

thank you. thank you.


i feel all shy.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

This post made me happy beyond words. The comments too.
A privilege to peek inside your world, which is as interesting as anything I could have imagined. Color, composition, juxtoposition, all that stuff, just oozing off my screen. I am gifted with the glimpse. Thanks so much for the peek behind the curtain. I love seeing where the magic happens for my online friends.
Oh my. And Dolltooth has me mesmerized.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home