Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cahill Flew The Coop


*



Quiet day. Rain-filled.



*



A measure of peace, and solitude.



*



It felt good to clean the house today. I'd not been attending to it the last few weeks. I don't know what happens to me. I'm like a television that only gets one channel. If the cooking channel is on, you ain't watchin' nothin' else.



Right now it's the Drinking Channel marathon.


*


Speaking of which.



***



Namaste.



***


PS-


Dinner is Bittman's Spanish Tortilla, via Bobby Flay and yours truly.

Roasted pasillas and garlic and fried potatoes and onions and lots and lots of free-range eggs and salt and pepper and roasted poblano mother-sauce. And a small salad of bitter greens with a lemon-balsamic vinaigrette.

Add a tiny loaf of crusty bread.


Add a bottle of red wine.



While watching a documentary on India. And after, reading Patricia Churchland's book on the neurological basis of ethics and morality.


Maybe I can work in some gunfighting and artwork in there somewhere.


***

7 Comments:

Blogger deirdre said...

haha

I had a friend once her name was Fluff and she was anything but. She sat at the bar and said, give me a black label and make it a double, save yourself a trip.

For some reason that memory sticks with me.

Cheers. The house can wait.

4:26 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Deirdre-


Any bartender i know would appreciate the saved trip.


I am deeply glad you are here.



yrs-


Scott

4:38 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I don't know which channel is on right now, probably all of them at once, despite what you say, but when I'm channeling the tearful dishwasher i'm more tuned in to everything, the pain and the glory and the magic of it all, and thank you for that.

and i think we could all use a bureaucrat who's a secret angel.

love to you, friend.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Petit fleur said...

If my husband cooked like that I'd be a heifer! All the food you describe sounds divine. I'm Italian, so I'm sort of food oriented.

Sounds like you have a fine evening lined up for yourself. Cheers!
pf

6:42 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Yes. All of that. Tonight.
Cahill looks like he's pretty sure of the power of his wings.
He should be.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

The life, the life, the life of the tearful dishwasher -- so much life, twisted and true.

7:56 PM  
Blogger A said...

I haven't read anything by Churchland but the field of neurophilosophy is very interesting...

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home