Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Souls IV




*



Happy Birthday to my blog, which turned five years old last week.



*


I want to say thank you to my blog for all it has given me. It has brought me a circle of wonderful friends, none of whom I have met in person, but all of whom hold rooms in my heart. Rooms and rooms and rooms. It has held my artwork and my thoughts and given me a place where I can wrestle with my demons and give praise to the wild universe which makes all things and then destroys them, myself not the lone exception.


Thank you, The Dishwasher's Tears.



I am in your debt.



*


And a most sincere and heartfelt thank you to my readers, who sustain me in the darkness of night and drag me blinking into the riot of daylight over and over again.



*


Namaste, you Princes of New England!



***


A note on this piece. The face of the girl I took from a painting entitled "The Girl Who Finds You Here" by the artist Lu Cong, which I first saw on Peter Nidsgorski's tumblr site "this isn't happiness". The original image and more of the artist's fabulous work can be found here: lucong.

I don't know if it is bad or not, this taking of things from other things and appropriating them or misappropriating them.

I think it's a good idea to be up front about it, though, and to give credit, and link back. So, that is what I will try to do.

I doubt anybody gives a shit. But if anyone out there stumbles across an image or a part of an image that they believe belongs to them, let me know and I'll take it down. Or give you credit. Or buy you an ice-cream. You can choose.


*

A further note on this whole "Souls" series. They are all built on the images of Polish photographer Stephania Gurdowa (1888-1968) from a monograph entitled "The Negatives Are To Be Stored". 

I do not believe that my works are any kind of improvement upon the originals.

They are just what I am compelled to do.



*


A further note:  I am an inveterate thief of images.


***

13 Comments:

Blogger Marylinn Kelly said...

If blogger comments are working again...congratulations on longevity and consistency and entries that deserve loyal readers. Long may you run.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Four Seasons in a Life said...

Greetings,

Congratulations on achieving a milestone few bloggers have reached.

This is my first visit and I am blown away by your work.

Wishing you a wonderful day,
Egmont

8:33 PM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

happy blog-day, i am damn glad you are here.

8:58 PM  
Blogger T. said...

Thankful.
With gratitude.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Mim said...

Hail!

I salute you.

Mim

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooooo glad you are in the world! And in my world.

8:56 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Marylinn-

Thank you so much!

5:27 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Egmont-

I'm glad you found your way here and happy you found something to like about it. Hope you'll make yourself at home and take a seat around the fire.

5:28 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Maggie May-

Ain't you sweet. I have to say that I admire your strength and passion and I know that they will pull you through whatever you need to be pulled through.

I'm glad to have you around.

5:30 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

T. Clear-

You are an inspiration to me. I like your take on the world and your kindness and strength of spirit shine through all your posts and comments. Thanks for being part of the mob.

5:32 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Mim-

Ha! I salute you back, your majesty! I'm so glad we've crossed paths, you really make the world a richer place for me.

5:34 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Melinda-

I am glad of your company as well, and glad we are all of us still in this world.

I love that phrase. It really gets to the heart of what death means to those of us who get left behind.


I hope you'll keep coming by.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I wonder if you would like my son's image blog:
http://dreamslikethat.blogspot.com/

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home