Thursday, July 31, 2008

gone fishing



*

Last night we had roasted carrots in balsalmic honey-butter, and brazillian style collards in garlic, and a big ol' salad. Everything from the north county farmer's market.

Yumbo.

*

Tonight I'm making almond-crusted salmon with leek and lemon sauce, and roasted new potatoes in a spring herb pesto.

And a Norman zinfindel.


*

Fuck me running.


I like this cooking stuff.


*

We are going to join the Cal-Poly Community Serviced Agriculture program in September. You sign up for twelve weeks and pay them and they give you a big old box of whatever's fresh and good from their organic farm program.

*

We've been reading a lot of Michael Pollan. The Ominvore's Dilemma. The Botany of Desire. In Defense of Food.

Guy makes a pretty good point. 


*

We've bought in, lock, stock, and barrel. 


*


I think I got like eleventy-six thousand plums off the tree this morning. Time for another cobbler.

*

Ohm mani padme ohm.


*

3 Comments:

Blogger james said...

now i believe it: there is too a utopia, and you went and found it.

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the botany of desire is one of my favorite books. i'd forgotten and i'm glad you brought it up because now i think i'll get his others.

9:35 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Jim-

I don't know about utopia, but I'm pleased with what I've managed to scrape together and I hope God is not in any big hurry to take it away from me.


Dottie Kee Bones-

You should. You should.

I can't say what a charm you are for this world. Keep it up.

yrs-

tearful

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home