Thursday, August 23, 2007

A bit strange




*


All these thoughts. I can't put them down.




I get tongue-tied.


*


It is so lame, but I really am sorry I am not holding up my end of the conversation. I owe you. I count you as my friend,
but I won't bring myself to talk to you.


I got so much to say.


*

I hope you know that my silence is a companionable one, and that if we were face to face I think you'd be better able to tell. It's not an icy silence. Nor sullen. Nor bitter.


Ruminative. Contemplative. Maybe a little bit shy, but not in a bad way.


*

Ah, I bet you know it.



*



Sometimes it is a sheet of glass between me and the known world.



I know it will go away again and there will again be the smell of the sea and the feel of the breeze and the sounds of the great and wheezing contraption whanging around and the whole of it causing me to smile and to not cease smiling.



*




I am a little bit strange, too.




*

3 Comments:

Blogger james said...

no more strange than the rest of us, scott. still, it's good to read this, reassuring and open, the scott we all know, have always known. thanks. jim

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a good part of you!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I am a little bit strange.

This just gave me an all over body smile.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home