Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Parlor Girls




*

I got a pretty good idea I been drinking more than is good. Craving is probably a bad sign in that arena.


Skoal!


*

Lately we've been watching that Anthony Bourdain character. Who my wife is falling for in the worst way. He's got some stuff figured out, seems like. The physical pleasure of food and good company, the way that travel takes you outside yourself and yet also completely isolates you in your environment, so that in a way you are the only thing in it that you've got a tangible connection to. He's a good writer, and he's got an honesty about him that's refreshing. And he smokes. And drinks too much.
I don't know, but I think overindulgence is dead necessary at times.


Like right now.



*

Think I'll have another drink.


*

Listen, everything's fine. Whatever it is, you'll be alright.



I promise.



*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this----

"Think I'll have another drink.


*

Listen, everything's fine. Whatever it is, you'll be alright."


-------is dangerous.


the picture is brilliant. very old film vogue.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home