Friday, May 12, 2006

Night Passage


As I'm sure you've all noticed, I've been away.


Consider this a post card from a far off island.
The people here are gentle.They smile a lot.
They press gifts into your hands and kiss you
on the mouth.

They sing without ceasing.

A song of love for this world.


Stunned and a little unsteady in my giddiness, I drift
through the sunlit days half in a dream.
I lay in a hammock and rock myself to sleep
in the shade of a bannanna tree.
Children giggle and throw giant insects at each other.

Off through the trees, the wash of the surf.


Wish you were here.
Don't know when I'll be



Blogger Radish King said...

Hurry home, but hurry at your leisure. Miss you.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Wow. Give us the address and we'll come visit.

8:50 PM  
Blogger 21k said...

Your exotic journey is a metaphor isn't it? A big lovely metaphor & you are in your gorgeous backyard w/ your amazing wife by night, & by day being kissed on the mouth by the officers on duty!


Enjoy. We are here to hear more when you 'come back'.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home