Friday, May 12, 2006

Night Passage





*


As I'm sure you've all noticed, I've been away.



*

Consider this a post card from a far off island.
The people here are gentle.They smile a lot.
They press gifts into your hands and kiss you
on the mouth.

They sing without ceasing.


A song of love for this world.



*

Stunned and a little unsteady in my giddiness, I drift
through the sunlit days half in a dream.
I lay in a hammock and rock myself to sleep
in the shade of a bannanna tree.
Children giggle and throw giant insects at each other.


Off through the trees, the wash of the surf.

*









Wish you were here.
Don't know when I'll be
returning....







*

3 Comments:

Blogger Radish King said...

Hurry home, but hurry at your leisure. Miss you.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Christine E. Hamm, Poet Professor Painter said...

Wow. Give us the address and we'll come visit.

8:50 PM  
Blogger deirdre said...

Your exotic journey is a metaphor isn't it? A big lovely metaphor & you are in your gorgeous backyard w/ your amazing wife by night, & by day being kissed on the mouth by the officers on duty!

Yes!


Enjoy. We are here to hear more when you 'come back'.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home