Monday, November 24, 2008

The Night Watchman




*

I am playing hooky from work.



*



Yay for me!





*

I am writing, writing, writing. Scribbling away. Wearing my fingertips down to nubs.




*


I am a dark-hearted thing. A rough beast.



There is yet good in me.



*


I have written all the day long. Now I am going to drink vodka, start a fire (in the fireplace), reheat the Morrocan chicken pot pie I made last night, make a salad of mixed baby greens, red onion, and beets, and await the return of my wife.


I feel good.


***

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read you from another coast. my heart is always lifted and re-arranged by the direct beautiful words the revelations/catharsis/re-framing/evolution

11:30 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Yr goddamn right.


This is no place for sissies.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home