Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Girl With Two Windows

Image hosting by Photobucket


One of the strangest and most beautiful things about this place is your presence here. You live your life out there in the big yonder, and yet you and I have come to be good friends. Here in this poorly lit little backwater dive. I wander around, muttering to myself, blissed out or grumpy, throwing stuff up on the walls, dragging you by the arm and pointing-

"Look at this. Look over here. Look. Lookit. Sheesh..."

*

Here's to you! This place just wouldn't be the same without you.


*

I am forever having movie stars come by for cameo appearances in my dreams. Last week Anthony Hopkins appeared in my dreams as an aging, heroic king. I was his right hand man. A combination of Lear and Don Quixote, Hopkins raged against the walls of his castle with his huge sword, swearing and crying and hacking away, the sound of his blows ringing out over the hills.

Steve Buscemi came by last night. That guy just wouldn't shut up. He was carrying a big phone book, jabbing me in the ribs with it...

"Call them, dude. Give 'em a call. Whyn't you call 'em already, huh? Tough guy. Just pick up the fuckin' phone why doncha."


Gimme a break already.


*

I do not want to die anytime soon, thank you very much.



*

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have no idea what image you had in mind, scott, but my impression from the first time i saw this was that i was looking at one of those tiny little mama mia italian stages, and that this figure, strange and sensual, had wandered in from the wings, from another world, putting all the sentimental artifice to flight.

one more thought: i was seeing this figure as your daughter, with a lion's head, not threatening in any way, but just ... foreign, a figure that we, the audience, would never begin to understand. this is a great one for the imagination. thanks, jim

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

or uhh, the pink panther lol.

7:25 PM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

Jim-

Love your thoughts on this. I think there is something both innocent and not-so-innocent at work on this little stage.

Oh, and I fixed the link thing.


yrs-


Scott

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home